One, Two, Three, Four...

via Pinterest

The other day I came across this cute post on Miss Indie and thought it would be super fun to do.  It's called 11 things!  Here it is...


There are five rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Let them know that you've tagged them

Me Myself and I



11 Things

1. I am a vegetarian and yet when I was a kid I absolutely HATED vegetables!  I hear that I had a true love for beets but aside from that I would put up a fight when it came to eating veggies.  Funny how things change - vegetables are now such a huge staple in my diet and I honestly love them all!

2.  My favorite place to be in the whole world is up on stage.  It's been a couple years since I have been in a show but I've been in many plays over the years.  I am happiest singing my heart out up on that stage with those bright lights shining on me. 

3. When I come across a song that I absolutely love I want to listen to it over and over again.  There even comes a point where I think "Meg, Stop playing this song or you're going to hate it" and I continue to play it on repeat. 

4. I never learned how to ride a bike.  I am not proud of this little fact but it's true.  I want to learn but IT IS NOT easy - I'm terrified!  I planned on learning how to ride last year (I put it on my 26 list) but I just couldn't do it.  It is now on my 27 list and while I am scared, I'm determined!

5.  I'm a Pisces and am pretty amazed at how accurate the description and horoscopes are.  I am so amazed by this and in love with the Pisces symbol that it is in the form of a tattoo on my back.

6. I want to learn how to play an instrument so badly!  Either the guitar, ukulele or maybe even the piano BUT I lack the patience with myself to keep trying.  I get uber discouraged when I keep making the same mistake and I stop learning.  I have got to cut that shenanigans out and start learning!

7. Every once in a while, I have the urge to chop my hair off into a cute pixie cut, bleach it and put bright pink streaks in it but I never actually do it...

8.  I am head over heels in love with Deb Talan (from the Weepies) solo stuff!  Her voice is so beautiful and her solo albums are my favorite!

9.  I enjoy watching scary movies and going to haunted houses even though they scare the hell out of me AND they usually bother me/give my nightmares for at least a month after (Yes, I am a baby)

10.  I may be addicted to my iPhone.  That thing serves as my Internet, phone, e-mail, outlet to social networking, check book/budget tracking, camera, the list continues!

11. It's totally a weird quirk but I love organizing things!  It's gotten to the point that I do it without even realizing it sometimes - it's like I leave me mark somewhere when you notice that everything around you has been moved in an organized fashion...A sickness?  Perhaps!  But I can't help it ;)


Answers to the 11 Questions from Miss Indie  

1. What were you like in high school?  I was a drama nerd!  I hung out in a section of the school called "E Wing" where all the artsy kids hung out and while I put a lot of focus into my academics, the rest of my focus went into the theatre!

2. If you could live in a movie for a day, which movie would you pick and why?  The first answer that comes to mind without doing the "over thinking thing" is MOULIN ROUGE!  I would get to live in a musical for a day and Moulin Rouge is one of my favorites! I would like to be one of the Can Can dancers, please and thank you!

3. What is the one thing you can cook better than anyone else?  I'm not much of a cook! Most of the recipes that I make are ones that I learned from others and I typically find that I liked the recipe better when they made it.  With that being said, I am realizing that I don't have a good answer for this and I should start working on my cooking skills!!

4. You're planning your dream vacation.  Where do you go, what do you do?  I would drop off the face of the planet for at least a week into a log cabin on the water somewhere in Vermont or Maine!  I would just want to relax, lay in a hammock, cook and bake things from scratch, read, go on hikes, snuggle by the fire and just take in the beauty of the nature around me.
5. What is your favorite drink from Starbucks (or your favorite coffee shop)?  I am a pretty huge fan of the Soy Vanilla Latte!!
6. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?  I wanted to either be a teacher or a veterinarian

7. What is your favorite memory with a friend or family member?  I have so many that I honestly cannot pick a favorite and if I start listing them, you would be sitting there reading for quite some time!  I feel lucky to have a life rich in love and wonderful people.

8. If you could dye your hair any color(s), which would you choose?  It's a toss up - if I kept it dark like it is now, I would love to add red, blue or purple.  If I got really daring, I would love to bleach it and add pink streaks (as I said above in the 11 random things!)  It came up twice, shall I take this as a sign?? ;)

9. Who would win in a fight between a grilled cheese sandwich and a taco?  The Taco! The grilled cheese would have the disadvantage since the two slices of bread are stuck together with melty cheese!  The only way it could win is by landing on the taco and squashing it BUT the taco would be too fast since it is light weight and the grilled cheese would only get once chance to squash the taco, once he's down he is done!  In my personal opinion - the taco is the winner!

10.  What is something embarrassing that has happened to you?  When I was in 6th grade, all of the students were lined up at the front door to go and see a play.  I was at the front of the line but I got so excited that I made myself sick.  I ended up throwing up in front of the entire 6th grade class and what did the teacher give me to get sick into?  A paper plate!  Needless to say it was incredibly embarrassing and I missed out on the play :(

11. How would you describe your personal style? Cute but comfortable?!

Questions for YOU! 

1. What is your favorite sundae topping?
2. If you could snap your fingers and BOOM posses any skill, what would it be and why?
3. How many different states have you visited?
4. Coffee or Tea?
5. If you had a super power of shooting noodles out of your finger tips would you hide away from the world or would you put your power to good use?
6. What kind of animal was your first pet and what was his/her name?
7.  If you had a time machine and could travel to any time period, which one would you want to experience and why?
8. What would your dream job be?
9. When it comes to movies, do you prefer an open ending or closure?
10. Beards or Mustaches?
11. What is your favorite time of day?

I decided that I'm not going to tag anyone (I'm such a rule breaker).  I am leaving it open to anyone that would like to complete it!  It's a bit time consuming but a lot of fun.  Sometimes, we all need to take a little time to answer a bunch of funny questions on a quirky questionnaire!  If you decide to take part in this 11 things questionnaire, post it in the comments section of my blog OR put it on Facebook and let me know by tagging My Facebook Page!

Lots of Love,
Meg