Healthy Snack - Kale Chips

 
A few weeks ago, our friends Charlie & Heather made kale chips.  Charlie brought a bag of them to the open mic that Toph and I go to on Friday nights and I instantly fell in love with them.  They are incredibly easy to make, they're delicious and as an added bonus - they're good for you!  After trying the them a few weeks ago, I knew that I needed to make them and finally 2 weeks later...I did it!  I encourage anyone and everyone to try these out!  I know they sound weird, you're probably sitting there thinking "WHAT?! Kale Chips??" but they really are deeeee-licious and worth trying!



You will need:


Step One:  Preheat the oven to 300 Degrees Fahrenheit
Step Two:  Wash & Dry the kale
Step Three:  Remove any stems & the tough center ribs
Step Four:  Place the leafy pieces of kale into a bowl
Step Five:  Mix in 2 Tbs of Olive Oil
Step Six:  Sprinkle a small amount of salt onto the kale (a little bit goes a long way here!!)
Step Seven:  Lay a piece of parchment paper or tin foil onto your baking sheet
Step Eight:  Arrange leaves in a single layer on the baking sheet



Step Nine:  Put in the oven and time for 20 minutes
Step Ten:  Take them out of the oven when the 20 minutes is up & ENJOY!!


Easy.  Delicious.  Healthy.
I hope that you try them out and love them as much as I do! 
 Oh and on a side note, these are a great source of iron!!  
 Much thanks to Charlie & Heather for making these and providing me with an awesome new snack idea!

Lots of Love, 
Meg

Labels: