Frugal Fridays - Make your own Coffee Creamer


For you coffee drinkers out there, this Frugal Friday post is for you!   As I have mentioned in past posts, I am a super fan of coffee.  I love coffee but under one condition: it has flavored creamer in it!  I know, I know....some would say that because of this flavored creamer situation, I am not considered a "true lover" of coffee and I suppose I sort of agree.  To clear the air with the true coffee drinkers, I will simply call my love for coffee a love for flavored coffee...and I digress! 

On Monday of this week I was super tired when I got to work (you could say that I had a case of the Mondays) and all I wanted was a yummy cup of coffee. There was plenty of coffee available to me but no creamer...dilemma!  When I opened the fridge I found some light cream and a container of chocolate syrup.  At that point the wheels started turning!  I brewed a cup of coffee, added the cream and the syrup and tried it out.   The end result was a yummy cup of mocha flavored coffee....curing my tiredness and case of the Mondays!  Here's what you will need to try this out...





You will need:

For this first cup of coffee I used the chocolate syrup but later in the week I tried it with a caramel syrup and it was equally delicious!  Everyone likes their coffee prepared differently so for some you may use more or less milk, more or less syrup or some may want to add sugar or a different kind of sweetener.  This is a much more cost effective way to have a flavored coffee and it's customizable!

Another Frugal Friday Success!!!!  Oh and on a side note, the photo at the top of the page is not the cup of coffee I made!  That's a deeee-licious coconut mocha latte that I purchased at Chaibo! (Gotta give credit where credit is due!) 

Have a good weekend everyone :)

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: ,