Frugal Fridays - Scarf Organization


It's Friday which means it's time for another Frugal Friday post!!  Over the past 2 weeks, I have been trying to organize my closet (not fun).  I realized I have a whole lot of clothing but a lack of closet space so I did some research this week on space saving closet organization.  I found a ton of great ideas but this scarf organization tip was my absolute favorite!  Real Simple makes an organizer that essentially does the same thing and costs about $10 for 2 hangers.  I have to say, that's a reasonable price for the product BUT this little project will give you the same result and cost no more than $3!  Pretty good deal, right??  Here's the scoop!




You will need:



Step One:  Take a scarf and tie it onto a shower curtain ring using a slip knot (For those of you that are not sure of what a slip knot is, check out this link)
Step Two:  Clip the shower ring onto the hanger
Step Three:  Continue steps 1 & 2 until you cannot fit anymore scarves onto the hanger
Step Four:  Hang it up in your closet and admire your new scarf organization!!


I have a lot of scarves so I ended up with 2 hangers in my closet.  One for decorative scarves and one for winter scarves (yes, I tend to take organization to another level).  I am so happy with this project!  It's easy, inexpensive and organizational...what more could a girl ask for??

Side Note - This would also work for organizing ties!

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: