Can't Steal Happiness...


For today's post, I decided to do a "week in review" via photos.  This past week has been filled with some very special little moments and because I love to take pictures, I have captured a bunch of them!  Let's start with the picture above.  I recently discovered that we have this great picnic table outside of my work and enjoyed a relaxing lunch break in this peaceful spot last Thursday. The funny thing is that the picnic table has been there for a few months now.  Somehow, I didn't have a clue that this picnic table had arrived and I missed out on some beautiful summer days sitting out there during my break.  BUT on the positive side, I know about it now and will able to enjoy it during the fall.  I am looking forward to afternoon breaks sitting at that picnic table, reading, enjoying the cool breeze and fall foliage!



On Friday night, my lovely friend Tina came out to open mic night at Chaibo.  It was so nice to have her join me for a glass of wine and live music provided by some seriously talented local artists!  She has to drive quite a ways to come out to open mic so it is extra special when she does!



Both Friday & Saturday, Chaibo hosted their first ever "Open Mic under the stars"!  There were chairs & tables and a stage for performers set up outside.  It was great!!  Since we are in that transition from summer to fall, it is the perfect time to enjoy live music outside!  They even had (and will continue to have) a special menu with some super delicious bubble martinis to celebrate the debut of the outdoor open mic.  We will be out there again this weekend if you are in the area and would like to come out!!



On Saturday afternoon, Toph and I headed to a BBQ with a bunch of his family.  On the way there we saw a chair set up in front of a house with a sign that said "free vegetables".  In front of that sign was a pile of HUGE squash, zucchini & cucumbers.  We got the largest of each and as you can see in the picture above, they were GI-NORMOUS!  The zucchini was basically the size of a small child!  I have to admit that I was slightly skeptical of said vegetables.  I know it makes me sound like a dorkis, but I immediately thought of fairy tales and somehow came to the conclusion that if we ate them we would turn into giant bears at midnight or something!  Regardless of this conclusion, I ended up enjoying some of the zucchini that Toph seasoned and put on the grill.  It was delicious and ended up feeding 10+ people (and we did not turn into bears at midnight)!



I recently opened up an Etsy shop called The Sunshine Meg Boutique.  This is one of the newer additions that has not made it to the shop yet!  I wore this white rose out on Saturday night and have fallen in love with it.  They will be up for sale in the shop soon!!



Oh, my little Emma.  She has always been a unique feline but I noticed that this is the way she sleeps lately.  I call it her "Superman Pose" and it cracks me up.  No matter where she chooses to lay down, she somehow ends up in this adorable pose.  Too cute for words!



Sunday night we enjoyed sitting by the campfire and listening to the lovely sounds of Toph and his guitar.  It was really a prefect night for a campfire!!  Clear skies, cool breeze, friends and music - Yup!  Pretty perfect!



Monday morning Toph made me Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes and they were AMAZING!  I have got to say, I am one spoiled girl!  He cooks...and he cooks amazing things....Exhibit A!! 

So that just about covers it!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  :)

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: