DIY Projects - Car Air Freshener


This morning I made this very adorable & incredibly simple car air freshener!!  I am a huge fan of autumn so I sort of geek out about any and all things autumn-esque.  I found the idea for this DIY Project on one of my favorite blogs, One Good Thing and while I loved her flower idea, I could not resist the urge to make a fall leaf!  As of this morning my car has a fall decoration & smells like cinnamon. This combination makes me one very happy girl!  Here is how it's done...




You will need:



Step One:  Choose what shape you want your air freshener to be
Step Two:  Either draw it free hand right onto the craft foam OR print out a drawing a trace it onto the foam
Step Three:  Peel the paper backing off of the foam and stick it to the piece of felt



Step Four:  Cut out the shape
Step Five:  Using the scented oil that you have selected, place a few drops onto the felt (you do not want to use too much oil or your car will end up smelling way too much like whatever scent you have chosen)
Step Six:  Using the hole puncher, place a hole at the top
Step Seven:  Take a small piece of twine, string or ribbon, run it through the hole & tie a knot
Step Eight:  Hang it up in your car and enjoy your brand new DIY car air freshener!!


Side Note:  One of my favorite things about this is that if it looses it's scent, you just have to add a few more drops of the scented oil to it and it's like new!  Easy Peasy! 

Another easy, fun & adorable DIY Project!  Oh, how I love them :) 



Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: