Frugal Fridays - Taco Seasoning Recipe


Being a vegetarian, I tend to use beans and rice as one of my "go to" or staple meals.  It's a delicious meal but I have learned that the seasoning of this dish is very important!  The beans and the rice both tend to absorb the flavor of whatever seasoning you choose so if you don't season this simple dish properly, it doesn't taste very delicious.  Over the years, I have been rather dependent on taco seasoning packets from the store but this week I decided that I would try to make my own.  I have been spending anywhere between $1 and $1.50 on taco seasoning and really, it's just a mix of seasonings in a packet...it can't be all that difficult, right!?  So I looked online and found a great taco seasoning recipe on the blog New Nostalgia.  I was really excited to try this out and also excited that it makes for a perfect Frugal Friday post!





You will need:




Step One:  Measure out all of the ingredients and put them into the container
Step Two:  Mix together
Step Three:  Close up the container, give it a label and let it join in with your other seasonings OR use immediately and make something delicious!

So there you have it!!  This may cost a bit more at first as you do have to gather any seasonings that you don't already have BUT once you have everything you need, you can make a yummy taco seasoning mix without running to the store and buying a packet of it!  This will save you money and time and even better, you know and can pronounce all of the ingredients that are in your taco seasoning mix!  (Have you ever read the back of the package for taco seasoning??  There can be some odd ingredients included in that there packet!)

I vote this as another Frugal Friday success!  Try it out and let me know what your taste buds think!?


Lots of Love, 
Meg

Labels: ,