No one's gonna wait for you...

via Pinterest
I did something this morning that I have been meaning to do for over a year!  That's right, you read that correctly...OVER A YEAR! I logged into my Etsy account that I opened up a few weeks ago, went into the shop that I created, reviewed everything and FINALLY clicked the "open shop" button!  For some strange reason, I had some serious anxiety as I hovered my mouse over that button.  I sat at my desk for a second, over thinking that simple click of the mouse.  I started to get nervous about it for some unknown reason and then I decided to laugh at myself (and my crazy over thinking) and just push the button!  It's funny that it took me so long to actually open this little shop.  It's not that big of a deal and yet somehow I made it a huge deal in my head.  I suppose it's because I have been thinking about it and slowly working towards it for such a long time....at least that's the only explanation that I can come up with so far!  Here's the story...

About a year and a half ago I went to the mall in search of an adorable flower hair clip.  I had a cute dress to wear and we were finally coming into spring so I thought a flower hair clip would be a perfect accessory.  I was super excited about the idea of a flower hair clip but I was quite disappointed when I got to the mall and could not find any that I liked.  They all had sequins or glitter and I was on a search for a more natural looking flower.  I settled on a peach daisy with iridescent sequins in the center and I actually ended up loving it.  I wore that flower quite a bit but still kept a look out for a more natural looking floral accessory.  Then it dawned on me, I could just make my own!  From that point forward, I went on a flower hair clip making kick and made myself 10 different ones.  Every time I would wear them out, I would get compliments on them and people would ask where I got them.  I can't even tell you how excited I was to respond with "I made this!"


I talked a lot about opening an Etsy shop as many of my friends had told me that it would be a really great idea but for some reason I kept putting it off.  I recently told a friend about my plan and she ended up opening her own shop within a week to sell some of her own handmade items.  How was it that she could just jump right into it and start her shop when I was still trying to figure it all out? I was both confused and inspired by her ability to just open her own shop.  I have always been one to over think EVERYTHING and I'm also quite  the perfectionist so I feel like both of these characteristics were working against me.  I took my time (about 3 weeks) as I logged onto Etsy, created an account, came up with shop policies, took photos of the flower hair clips, wrote out the descriptions, created a banner, etc. etc. etc! Once it was completed, I would log in and review everything but I wouldn't click on that open shop button.  It even got to the point that I received an e-mail from Etsy asking why I had not opened the shop yet (I found that pretty comical).

So finally, after a year and a half, I have opened The Sunshine Meg Boutique!  Do I think that everyone is going to find my shop and buy these flower hair clips in  mass quantities?? No! (Plus that would be stressful as I would have to package up those bad boys and ship them ASAP).  But I do hope that there are a few people that stumble upon this shop, purchase a flower or two and love them as much as I do.  Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Here is the link for my cute little Etsy shop:  The Sunshine Meg Boutique

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: , ,