Crash Hot Potatoes



Okay so let me start this post by saying that these things are INCREDIBLE!  If you are a true lover of potatoes and you don't try this recipe, you will regret it!  I know, I know I'm talking a pretty big game here but really, these came out SO good!  Being an Irish girl, I love my potatoes and so when I find new yummy recipes involving spuds, I get super excited.  I came across this recipe on a site called The Pioneer Woman and after realizing that it is very simple and only involves a few ingredients, I knew I needed to try it myself!  Ladies & Gents, I present the crash hot potatoes recipe...



You will need:



Step One:  Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
Step Two:  Add in potatoes (as many as you like) and cook until they are fork tender
Step Three:  While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 425 degrees
Step Four:  Drizzle olive oil onto a baking sheet - this will ensure that the potatoes do not stick!!!




Step Five:  Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the pot and place them onto the baking sheet
Step Six:  Using a potato masher (or a large fork), press down on each potato until it lightly mashes
Step Seven:  Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and sprinkle with salt & pepper (you can be generous with all of these ingredients, no need to skimp!)
Step Eight:  Place in the oven on the top rack and bake for 20-25 minutes until they are golden & crispy
Step Nine:  Take them out of the oven & enjoy!


I still cannot get over how yummy these are!  They are soft in the middle but the outside is nice and crispy!!  If you end up trying these out (which I hope you do), let me know what you think!

Lots of Love, 
Meg

Labels: