DIY Projects - Hot Glue Glittered Snowflakes


It's time for me to share another holiday DIY project!!  The idea is from a blog called By Stephanie Lynn and I am really glad I tried it out.  When it starts to get super cold outside, I get the urge to put away my fall decorations and start putting out snowflakes, snowmen and candles that smell like sugar cookies.  I don't go as far as Christmas decorations...but I do like putting up some winter decor.  Considering the fact that we are only in mid November and Thanksgiving is not even here yet, I am holding back on said urge to decorate with winter things BUT I am preparing to decorate by making the decorations in advance!  These snowflakes make for a really pretty window decoration or you can use a little string or fishing line and hang them on your tree!!  Here is the scoop on how to make them...


You will need:


Step One:  Plug in your hot glue gun & let it heat up
Step Two:  Place a piece of wax paper over the snowflake print out and secure with a bit of tape
Step Three:  Spray a small amount of cooking spray or pour a small amount of oil onto the wax paper and evenly distribute so that there is a thin layer of oil (this keeps the hot glue from sticking to the wax paper)
Step Four:  Using the hot glue gun, follow the outline of the snowflake to create your hot glue snowflake!



Step Five:  Once it is completely dry, peel the hot glue snowflake off of the paper & rinse off in the sink as there will be some oil on it
Step Six:  Using the sponge brush or paint brush, apply a thin layer of mod podge to the snowflake
Step Seven:  Sprinkle the glitter onto the snowflake and allow it to dry
Step Eight:  Repeat steps six & seven on the other side

That's it!!  Eight easy steps and BAM! You have a super cute & festive snowflake!!  I've only made a few of these so far but I intend to make quite a few as we get closer to the holidays.  

Happy Crafting!!

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: