You're on your way & I'm on mine...

via Pinterest

About a week ago, I went to the gas station up the street to fill my tank and grab a bottle of water.  My plan was to get gas first and then get all of my errands done.  It was a normal day, nothing special or out of the ordinary going on but I was in a bit of a cranky mood.  All I wanted to do was relax but my ginormous to do list was not allowing for any relaxation what so ever.  I walked into the gas station, grabbed a bottle of water and walked up to the register to pay.  I didn't even look up at the gentleman standing at the register, I just put my stuff down on the counter and pulled my wallet out of my purse.  He said the total, I handed him cash and while he was handing me the change I looked up at him.  He smiled and said, "Wow, I really like your glasses!" I immediately lit up!  This random & super nice compliment pulled me right out of my cranky mood.  I awkwardly said thank you because for some very strange reason I cannot act like a normal person when I receive a compliment.  I get uber awkward, my face turns bright red and I say something weird like..."oh, that's so nice"...WHAT!?  Some day I will master the art of accepting a compliment...I am determined..but I digress! That gas station employee made my day.  It's funny how a single kind act can change your whole attitude.  This guy did not know me and did not have to say a thing to me but instead, he decided to smile and give me a compliment!  This small act of kindness made a huge impact on my day.

Ever since this "compliment at the gas station" situation, I have been making more of an effort to compliment the people that cross my path on a day to day basis.  I have never been shy about complimenting my own friends and family but I have always hesitated when it comes to paying a stranger a compliment.  I'm not quite sure why I have been so hesitant but from now on, I am going to be complimenting folks like crazy! 

Have you ever received a compliment from a complete stranger or paid a compliment to a someone that you didn't know??

It is such a wonderful act of kindness and both parties involved benefit from it!  Giving a compliment to someone you don't know could make their whole day and I can guarantee it will make you feel good to make someone smile!  Try it out!

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: