And Have Buttered Scones for Tea


I have been wanting to make homemade scones for quite some time now.  For some reason, scone making has been one of those things that I have thought about doing but never actually followed through on.  When I turned 27 in March, I decided that I would put it on my 27 List and ensure that I would finally bake up some homemade scones!!  Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I finally crossed number 25 off of my 27 List and made them!!  I found a really simple recipe online for blueberry scones, gathered the ingredients at the store and made a bunch!  They ended up coming out a lot bigger than I anticipated but regardless of the fact that they were ginormous, they were deeeeeee-licious!  If you haven't made homemade scones before, I highly recommend trying it out!  Here is the recipe that I used...



You will need:

Then....
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
  2. In a small bowl, stir together butter, eggs and milk. Pour into flour mixture, and mix until ingredients bind together. Stir in blueberries.
  3. Turn dough out on a floured surface. Pat out to a 9 inch circle and cut into 8 wedges. Transfer with a spatula to a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Makes 8.

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: ,