Frugal Fridays - Heated Eye Lash Curler


For this week's Frugal Friday, I decided to share a nifty money saving tip that I have been using for quite a few months now.  I love the way my eyelashes look when I wear mascara but I don't really like using mascara during the week as I work at an animal hospital and wear scrubs every day.  I usually just use mascara on the weekends when I'm going out.  During the week, I still make my eyelashes look nice sans mascara thanks to my DIY heated eyelash curler.


You can purchase a heated eye lash curler at the store for anywhere from $7 - $12+ dollars OR you can just use a metal eye lash curler and heat it up yourself!  Simply take your blow dryer, turn it onto high heat and blast your metal eye lash curler with warm air for a few seconds.  Touch the eye lash curler to the inside of your wrist to make sure that it is not too hot (this part of the body is more sensitive than your fingertips so it will be the best way to judge the temperature of the eyelash curler before you put it near your eye lids)!  Using the heated up (but not too hot) eye lash curler, curl your lashes as normal by squeezing gently for a few seconds at the base of the lashes.  You may have to heat the curler back up before curling the lashes on your other eye as it does cool down pretty quickly.

All you need is a blow dryer and a metal eye lash curler and you have yourself a heated eye lash curler!!  Why go out and spend the money when you can just do it yourself??  I will admit, I was hesitant at first because I didn't think it would make much of a difference. For years, I curled my eyelashes with the metal curler and I thought they looked just find but after curling them once with the heated metal curler, I was sold!  Try it out and let me know what you think!!

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: ,