This is the new year!

via Pinterest

So here we are in a brand new year.  Happy 2013 folks!!  With a new year comes new year's resolutions and while I am a few days late, I have finally gotten my list together.  This year, I came up with a few resolutions that will basically be rules to live by for 2013 (and forward).  I wanted to make new year's resolutions that I could keep and that I would be excited about and I've gotta say, I am very happy with my list this year...

Worry Less
I have this redonkulous habit of worrying about everything all of the time.  This year I need to calm down and stop worrying so much.  I need to remind myself that there are many things that are outside of my control and that worrying about them doesn't help the situation, it only makes it worse!!  

Be Present
All too often, I find myself so wrapped up in things that have already happened or the things coming up in the near future that I forget to enjoy the moment I am currently in.  Starting now, I am going to make a serious effort to be present and not let my mind get carried away and take me into the past or the future.  All we have is now and I want to be sure that I am there 100%

Make Time to do the Things I Love
It is so easy for me to get lost in my day to day routines that often times, I forget to set aside some time and do the things that I enjoy doing!  Right now I'm part of a really fun production called Avenue Q so until February, I have that!!  In addition to the play,  I get to be one half of the musical duo Meg & The Beard and sing a song or two with my wonderful boyfriend every Friday night!  I just want to make sure that I take the time out to enjoy these things in addition to making time for crafty projects!! 

Keep an Open Mind & Try New Things
I may be 27 but when it comes to trying new things/change of any sort, I can act like a 90 year old woman.  I don't know when it started and I don't know why but I have become the type of person that sticks to a routine and rarely branches out.  This must stop as I am not a fan!!  This year, I am going to make a point to keep an open mind and try new things as often as possible!

Stop Being So Critical of Myself
They say that you are your own worst critic and I completely agree but sometimes I feel that I am way too hard on myself.  I'm a perfectionist and life is not perfect so more often than not, I am beating myself about things that I really shouldn't be.  2013 is going to be the year that I stop being so hard on myself!!  This is much easier said than done, but I am determined to cut myself some slack!

Project: Write Down what I am Grateful For
I have a lot to be grateful for and for that I feel incredibly lucky.  When I was thinking about fun projects that I could do in 2013....this grateful project popped into my head.  I keep my planner with me all of the time so I figure it should be a pretty easy routine to get into.  Each night, before I got to bed, I am going to open up my planner and write down one thing that I am grateful for on that day.  By the end of the year, I will have a list of 365 things that I was grateful for in 2013....sounds pretty wonderful to me!

Project: 365 Photo A Day
I have decided that this year, I will participate in a 365 photo a day challenge!!  Toph's Aunt Sherri suggested that I check out the site 365project.org and once I did, I was sold!  I started my 365 Project on January 1st and I plan to continue to take a photo a day every day for the rest of the year!! You can follow my photo a day project here: Meg's 365 Project!


So that's it!  My list of New Year's resolutions and projects!!  What are your resolutions for the new year?  Are you taking part in any projects or photo challenges??

Here's to a Happy & Healthy 2013!!!

Lots of Love, 
Meg

Labels: , ,