Frugal Fridays - DIY Microdermabrasion


For this week's Frugal Friday, I tried out a DIY microdermabrasion that I found on a blog called Confessions of a Wisconsin Housewife.  Microdermabrasion is basically a procedure that exfoliates and rejuvenates the skin by removing the outer layer.  This is done by using tiny crystals that are sprayed onto your skin.  While this at home technique is not as fancy, I do believe that it has the same effect (just not as intense as the real deal).  You will only need two ingredients and about 10 minutes, so why not try it out?

You will need:


Step One:  Mix the baking soda and water together
Step Two: Apply to your face and neck in a circular motion
Step Three:  Leave on for 5 minutes
Step Four:  Rinse off with warm water
Step Five:  Follow up with your daily moisturizer

This is super simple and you will feel results right away!!  My skin is pretty sensitive so I was hesitant to try this out but I'm really glad that I did.  One very important thing to keep in mind is that this can dry out your skin!!!! 

**Do not do this more than once every two weeks!  In fact, I would recommend doing it once a month, tops!**

Lots of Love,
Meg

Labels: ,