Summer Ideas: Aloe Vera Ice Cubes


I found this nifty idea on Pinterest in November and knew when I saw it that there would come a time I would need to try it out!  I "pinned" it for later and I finally got to try it out a few weeks ago when Toph and I spent the day at the beach! These are really easy to make since you only need 2 items to get the job done and let me tell you, they are fantastic for sunburned skin!!! You just need aloe vera and an ice cube tray!  You can choose to use aloe directly from an aloe leaf or you can purchase a bottle of aloe vera gel (I used this diesel aloe vera gel with lidocaine because my sunburn was pretty darn awful)!  As for the ice cube tray, you can find them for a $1 or less at most stores (I found this weird banana shaped one at Target in the dollar section).  Squeeze the aloe vera into the ice cube tray, place the tray into the freezer until they are frozen and VIOLA! You have a tray of sun burn relieving aloe vera ice cubes! 

So basically, if you have a day that starts off like this.....


But sadly ends like this.....

These aloe vera ice cubes will feel pretty amazing!  I hope that you do not end up with a sunburn like I did BUT if you do... these will be quite the life saver! 



Labels: