Fried Honey Cinnamon Bananas


While clicking around the wonderful world that is Pinterest, I came across the idea of fried bananas.  There were a couple different recipes to chose from but I found my favorite option on a site called Me so Paleo, that's right....this is a Paleo diet friendly option!!  If you're not familiar with the Paleo diet, you can read more about it here.   I digress!  I'm not following the Paleo diet but I am trying to eat healthier & this fits right in with that goal!  I am a lover of bananas, honey and cinnamon so the thought of combining all three into one delicious snack made me pretty excited to try this out!!  Here's the scoop...

You will need:

Step One: Heat up the butter or coconut oil in a pan over medium heat
Step Two:  Slice up your bananas (how you choose to slice them is entirely up to you)
Step Three:  Once the pan has heated up, add the bananas
Step Four:  Let them sit for 3-4 minutes or until they start to brown (you want the natural sugar in the banana to start caramelizing)
Step Five:  Flip over and let sit for another 2-3 minutes
Step Six:  Remove them from the pan and add your toppings (I just sprinkled some cinnamon & drizzled a little honey on top but you can add shredded coconut or nuts to yours if that is what your taste buds prefer!!!)

These fried honey cinnamon bananas are super de-duperly delicious and a pretty healthy option to boot!! Noms!

Side note:  This recipe will serve 2!   The way I look at it is each person gets one banana so if you need to make this for more than 2, just add an extra banana for each person and add additional amounts of the other ingredients as needed!

Side note times two:  If you are a follower of weight watchers, each serving yields 2 points!!  If you add coconut or nuts, you'll have to add on a few more points to the recipe!

Labels: