I don't know if it's the cold weather or the upcoming holidays, but I have been in the mood to bake! I recently got the idea in my head to bake some adorable mini apple pies and I finally tried them out this afternoon. I will admit that I did not get fancy here! I bought pre-made dough and canned apple pie filling and while it sort of felt like cheating, it was what worked for me today so I went with it. For those of you that are pro bakers, you are probably upset with my dough and apple pie filling options and I apologize. I just had not mastered the whole homemade apple pie thing yet but I am to eventually make these bad boys homemade! Side note: back to you pro bakers! If you have some tips, tricks or recipes for homemade dough and apple pie filling, I would greatly appreciate any and all info!! Okay...here's the recipe!
You will need:
- 1 package pie crust
- 1 can apple fruit filling
- A small amount of butter
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees
- Use a glass to shape the dough for each pie base
- Place each round piece of dough into the muffin tin
- Use 1-2 Tbs of Apple Pie Filling and place into each muffin tin (I started with 1 Tbs in each and then added a little bit more until all of the filling was used up)
- Place a small piece of butter on top of each mini pie
- Using the glass, shape the crust for the tops of each pie
- You can either place the entire piece on top of the pie & smoosh down the sides so that it is attached to the bottom or you can get fancy and cut each circle into strips, creating a pattern on the pie!
- Take one beaten egg and brush the top of each pie
- Mix together the cinnamon & sugar and sprinkle a small amount onto each pie
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- Take them out, let them cool down and ENJOY!!!
I love recipes that are insanely simple and super delicious (this one is also cute to boot)! If you have your own homemade apple pie recipe, I encourage you to try this idea of mini pies but with your recipe instead of my store bought ingredient option. For those of you that are not pros in the baking department or are in a pinch and need to make a yummy dessert fast, this is for you!!
Hope everyone is having a lovely evening!
Labels: Yummy Ideas