It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!


Holy guacamole folks, 7 days until Christmas!!!! I may or may not have a chalkboard with a count down to Christmas hanging up in the apartment....Okay, okay... I do ;)  I am just so excited about Christmas.  I love everything about the tree, ornaments, lights, family traditions, holiday treats, Christmas music, picking out gifts (the wrapping of said gifts is not so fun....but I digress).  There is just so much wonderfulness to wrap yourself up in this time of the year.  Here are some of the festive things that have been filling my days....


I had a customer place an order for holiday poinsettia pins that I shipped out a few weeks ago.  I usually sell them as hair clips but she had requested that I make them into pins for her and her family to wear on Christmas.   I think that is such a nifty idea and I was super excited to make these and ship them out to her.  You can check out my little Etsy shop at Sunshine Meg Boutique


Ladies & Gents, we have a Christmas Pickle!  Toph got this for me and I am uber excited about it.  What is a Christmas Pickle, you ask??  The Christmas pickle is a Christmas tradition in the United States. A decoration in the shape of a pickle is hidden on a Christmas tree, with the finder receiving either a reward or good fortune for the following year. I have been wanting to start new traditions and thanks to this lovely Christmas Pickle, we have one!


My sister and I were shopping at Target and she convinced me to purchase this adorable scarf for Oliver.  Here's the deal, he actually likes it.  He starts purring the minute you put it on him and he doesn't try to take it off.  I will admit I have taken far too many photos of him wearing this scarf but I seriously can't even take it.  This photo is my favorite.


I really wanted to make a ginger bread house this year but I am not a huge fan of gingerbread.  Instead of giving up on the idea all together, we made one out of graham crackers instead.  We took a box of graham crackers, a container of frosting, marshmallows and candy and transformed them into what my Uncle is referring to as a graham cracker holiday house.  Another tradition that we started this year!


My family bought Toph & I this ornament last year and every time I look at our tree I see it.  It is one of my favorite ornaments on the tree.  It's just so stinkin' cute!


Those are the festive and wonderful things that are filling my days leading up to Christmas!  What are you up to?

 What kinds of traditions do you have in your family?

I hope that you are enjoying this holiday season and it is not super stressful.  I know that a lot of people get stressed around this time of year and I just hope that the stress isn't getting to you and you're at least finding some small moments of joy!




Labels: ,