Hello 2014!


I'm a bit late in posting a new year post....12 days to be exact.  The New Year has been wonderful so far but has been quite busy as well.  One of my goals for 2014 is to blog more.  I love this little corner of the internet right here and I intend to invest more time into it this year! I have a bunch of DIY projects I've done in the past few weeks that I'm super excited to share with you guys!  I also have quite a few things to cross off of my 28 List before March, so you'll be seeing more of those posts too!  Until then, here are a few things filling my days right now...


Toph got me a Swiss Army knife for Christmas, crossing number 14 off my 28 List.  I am still so excited about this nifty item!  It's crazy to me that in one small adorable pink shell there's a pair of scissors, a nail file, a screw driver, a knife, a toothpick and a pair of tweezers....SCHWHAT!?  Amazing!  I have only had it since Christmas and it has already come in handy multiple times.  Pretty fantastic...



 As 2013 was coming to a close, I noticed that a lot of my fellow bloggers were choosing a word for 2014 rather than a resolution.  This sounded like such a fantastic idea, I decided to do the same.  OK so I actually did both, I couldn't resist.  My word for 2014 is BE.  I want to stop worrying about the past or stressing about the future and just be present.  This has already proven to be easier said than done but I have an entire year to perfect this and I am determined.  I will be present and in the moment as much as possible this year!



Ladies & Gents, meet my 2014 grateful jar.  I made this on New Year's Eve and am super excited about it.  The idea is this: throughout the year, you write down things that you are grateful for and put the pieces of paper into this jar.  At the end of the year, you sit down and read through them.  I think it's really important to focus on the things in life that we are grateful for.  Life can be tough with all of it's ups and downs but what's important is how we react and where we put our focus.  I choose to focus on the wonderful people, places and things that fill my days and I will be filling this adorable little jar with notes about those things so that I can reflect on them at the end of this year. If you love this idea as much as I do, you should take 5 minutes today and make your own!  Don't have a jar at home??  Make a grateful vase, can or Tupperware!  If it's a container that can hold a bunch of pieces of paper, it will work!  I encourage everyone to try this!

How is your new year so far?? 


 

Labels: , ,