Good Morning!! For the Frugal Friday: December 7th Edition, I tried out a moisturizing orange face mask. Now that winter has arrived, I am taking extra care of my skin as it can get very dry in this cold weather. Using face wash and a moisturizing face lotion every day is great but applying a face mask once a week is incredibly beneficial to your skin. When I found this idea on a blog called Food Plus Words, I was very excited to try it out. I love face masks but I love them even more when I can make them homemade at a fraction of the cost. This face mask will make your potentially dry skin super duper happy and here is why:
- The fresh squeezed orange juice is filled with zinc and antioxidants which are great for your face
- The oatmeal is a fabulous exfoliator so you are exfoliating the dead skin & rejuvenating the new skin!
- The honey is naturally antibacterial, cleansing and tightens the skin
- The yogurt moisturizes, reduces the size of your pores and helps prevent break outs
You will need:
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
- Juice from 1 whole orange
- 3 Tbs Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbs Honey
Step One: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
Step Two: Stir until it is well mixed. You want this to be a thicker consistency so that it will stay on your face. If it seems too runny, you can always add more oatmeal to thicken it up
Step Three: Spread onto a freshly washed & thoroughly dried face in an even thin layer avoiding the eye area
Step Four: Leave on for 15-30 minutes
Step Five: Rinse off with warm water & check out how happy your skin looks & feels!
Another wonderful thing about this face mask is that it smells amazing! All you have to do is run to the store to pick up a few ingredients and then when you get home you can apply this wonderful face mask! Try it out and let me know what you think!!
Lots of Love,
Labels: Bath and Beauty, Frugal Friday